Thursday, May 20, 2010

Beer Review

I've never tried this before, but my brother in law got a box (a literal box full) of 50c beers, and decided to get 2 of everything and share some with me. I'm going to carpe the diem and attempt my own reviews of these beers. There were 4 total:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

I rated each on head, color, body, finish, aroma, and overall, trying to describe the taste of the beer with less emphasis on what I did or did not like.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Head
This was frothy and quick, a very light and pale head that well mirrors the flavor of the beer.

Color
It's a bit orange-y and freaking creepy that the Fringe cutscenes show fetuses (fetii?) in APPLES

Oh, right, it's a cloudy orangish, probably from the bottle conditioning

Body
The body is full, but moves very quickly from hoppy to  fruity - though I'm wondering if I've had enough at this point that I meant that the other way around as hops are usually an aftertaste. Anyway, I do remember the flavory, and I believe it's fruity to hoppy, though I'll try another SNPA later and post. Either way it's almost a scent the first flavor is gone so quickly.

Finish
The finish is bitter and biting but still smooth.

Aroma
The aroma is very faint, but just smells like a generic IPA.

Overall
This is where I stop trying to be impartial. As I'm not a huge fan of IPAs, I can't say too much about it - I would certainly drink it over Bud or Miller. Better than Magic Hat's Beet-juice summertime, but I'd almost rather drink a Heineken. Almost. 6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment