Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fun Facts and Plans - Gumballhead

I was looking at a clone recipe for Delirium Tremens today and it looks like it's a Trappist-style! It is extremely close to the first Chimay Blue clone recipe I put up, with a few additions, a change in hops, and the option of using the same type of yeast!

I think next I will be doing a Gumballhead clone:

Grains:
1 lb 2 Row (grains)
1 lb Torrified Wheat (grains?)
6 lbs Wheat Dried Malt Extract
3 to 4 oz Amarillo hops (not sure how much I'm going to use yet, it depends on the flavor these impart, and how long hop pellets are good for once they've been opened)
White Labs WLP001 California Ale Yeast (or whatever CA Ale Yeast the Brew and Grow has in stock)
3/4 cup priming sugar

Update::4/21 - Just realized I got my recipes mixed up, and 1lb Torrified Wheat was from the Chimay Blue Clone. Looks like I already have that one started. I actually need 1lb Caravienne, and will be following this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment